Professor, School of Basic Sciences, IIT Mandi – 24.12.2020 – till date
Associate Professor, School of Basic Sciences, IIT Mandi – 03.06.2015 – 23.12.2020
Assistant Professor, School of Basic Sciences, IIT Mandi – 15.07.2010 – 02.06.2015
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, NIT Hamirpur – 15.07.2009 – 14.07.2010
Marie-Curie International Incoming Fellowship, LCP, Universite de Paris-Sud, Orsay Cedex, France – 10.06.2007- 09.06.2009
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, University of Huddersfield, UK – 03.05.2004-31.05.2007
Ph.D., D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, 1999-2004 (With Prof. Gurdip Singh)
M.Sc. (Polymer Chemistry) from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, 1996-1999
B.Sc. (Polymer Chemistry) from University of Kerala, Thiruananthapuram, 1993-1996
Nanomaterials, Heterogeneous Catalysis
Synthesis of nanostructures
CY554-Science and Technology of Nanomaterials
CY746- Self assembly of Surfactants and Polymers in Solution
IC130-Applied Chemistry for Engineers
DAAD Re-invitation grant, to visit Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, 2019.
BMBF faculty exchange fellowship to visit Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, 2015.
Foundation Day Award from IIT Mandi 2013 & 2016
Marie-Curie International Incoming Fellowship from European Commission
Post Doctoral Research Fellowship, University of Huddersfield, UK
Royal Society Visiting Fellowship, University of Huddersfield, UK
Senior Research Fellowship, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Prem Felix Siril
Nanomaterials gained significant research interest owing to the size dependent properties. I am interested in controlling the size and shape of metals, metal oxides and conducting polymers using a ‘soft’ templating approach. My research group is specialising on the use of lyotropic liquid crystals that are formed by the surfactant self-assembly for controlling the size and shape of nanomaterials. Nano structuring has significant impact on the physico-chemical properties and hence we explore their application in heterogeneous catalysis, environmental remediation, electrocatalysis and sensing. Of late, we are focussing on the synthesis of nanomaterials using continuous flow and performing catalytic reaction using flow chemistry approaches.
We are also working on nanocrystallization of organic compounds such as pharmaceutical drugs and high energetic compunds to improve their performance.
- Visible Light Enhanced Photosynthesis of CC bonds using PdO/Pd@ PEDOT nanocomposite, R Gogoi, HM Dohling, A Singh, K Sharma, PS Sagara, PF Siril*, Journal of Catalysis, 2022, 414, 109-124.
- Revealing the unexplored effect of residual iron oxide on the photoreforming activities of polypyrrole nanostructures on plastic waste and photocatalytic pollutant degradation, R. Gogoi, A. Singh, V. Moutam, L. Sharma, K.Sharma, A. Halder, P. F. Siril*, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 2022, 10(2), 106649.
- Intermediate Organic–Inorganic Hybrid with Highly Accessible Pore Structure and Proton Conductivity: Journey from Inorganic Oxide to Metal–Organic Framework, Kajal Sharma, Pawan Kumar Pandey, Sumanta Chowdhury, Neeraj Naithani, Rituporna Gogoi, Prem Felix Siril* “ACS Applied Energy Materials, 2021, 4 (6), 6082-6095.
- Engineering the morphology of palladium nanostructures to tune their electrocatalytic activity in formic acid oxidation reactions, B Pramanick, T Kumar, A Halder, PF Siril*
- Nanoscale Advances, 2020, 2 (12), 5810-5820.
- Molecular Distribution of Indomethacin: Impact on the Precipitation of Glassy Curcumin pH-Responsive Nanoparticles with Enhanced Solubility, K Sharma, B Das, PF Siril*
- Crystal Growth & Design 2020, 20 (4), 2377-2389.
- R Gogoi, HM Dohling, A Singh, K Sharma, PS Sagara, PF Siril, “Visible Light Enhanced Photosynthesis of CC bonds using PdO/Pd@ PEDOT nanocomposite” Journal of Catalysis, 414, 109-124, 2022.
- Kajal Sharma, Ravinder Kaushik, Pawan Kumar Pandey, Sumanta Chowdhury, Rituporn Gogoi, Astha Singh, Aditi Halder, Prem Felix Siril, “Enhanced Photocatalytic activity of Hierarchical C/ZnO Nanocomposite Derived from Solvothermally Restructured Zn-BTC Microspheres” Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 107674, 2022.
- S Chowdhury, P Sharma, P Rathi, PF Siril, “Direct One-pot Synthesis of Highly Tunable Mixed-linker UiO-66-(SH) 2 Metal-Organic Frameworks: Enroute Toward Robust Sulfonic Acid Tagged UiO-66 Architectures” ChemARXIV, 2022
- Rituporn Gogoi, Astha Singh, Vedasree Moutam, Lalita Sharma, Kajal Sharma, Aditi Halder, Prem Felix Siril, “Revealing the unexplored effect of residual iron oxide on the photoreforming activities of polypyrrole nanostructures on plastic waste and photocatalytic pollutant degradation” Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 10(2), 106649, 2022.
- Kajal Sharma, Pawan Kumar Pandey, Sumanta Chowdhury, Neeraj Naithani, Rituporna Gogoi, Prem Felix Siril, “Intermediate Organic–Inorganic Hybrid with Highly Accessible Pore Structure and Proton Conductivity: Journey from Inorganic Oxide to Metal–Organic Framework” ACS Applied Energy Materials, 2021
- M Chawla, B Pramanick, JK Randhawa, PF Siril, “Effect of composition and calcination on the enzymeless glucose detection of Cu-Ag bimetallic nanocomposites” Materials Today Communications 26, 101815, 2021
- Prem Felix Siril and Michael Turk, “Synthesis of Metal Nanostructures Using Supercritical Carbon Dioxide: A Green and Upscalable Process” Small, 2001972, 2020.
- Raj Kumar, Sameer V. Dalvi and Prem Felix Siril “Nanoparticle-based Drugs and Formulations: Current Status and Emerging Applications” ACS Applied Nano Materials, 3, 6, 4944–4961, 2020.
- Kajal Sharma, Bidisa Das and Prem Felix Siril, “Molecular Distribution of Indomethacin: Impact on the Precipitation of Glassy Curcumin pH-Responsive Nanoparticles with Enhanced Solubility” Crystal Growth & Design, 20 (4), 2377-2389, 2020.
- Bulti Pramanick, Trivender Kumar, Aditi Halder and Prem Felix Siril, “Engineering the morphology of palladium nanostructures to tune their electrocatalytic activity in formic acid oxidation reactions”, Nanoscale Advances, 2020
- Raj Kumar and Prem Felix Siril, “Drop-by-Drop Solvent Hot Antisolvent Interaction method for Engineering Nanocrystallization of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Sulfamethoxazole to Enhanced Water Solubility and Bioavailability” Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 55, 101359, 2020.
- Raj Kumar, Ashutosh Singh, Divya Dhasmana, Kajal Sharma, Neha Garg and Prem Felix Siril “Preparation, characterization and in vitro cytotoxicity of Fenofibrate and Nabumetone loaded solid lipid nanoparticles” Material Science and Engineering C, 106, 110184, 2020.
- Prateep Singh Sagara, Prem Felix Siril and Ponneri Ravikumar, “N-Amino-7-Azaindole as N, N’-Bidentate Directing Group: Ruthenium-Catalyzed Oxidative Annulation of N-(7-Azaindole) Benzamides with Alkynes via CH Bond Activation” Journal of Organic Chemistry, 84 (19), 12314-12323, 2019
- R Kumar, P Soni, PF Siril, “Engineering the Morphology and Particle Size of High Energetic Compounds Using Drop-by-Drop and Drop-to-Drop Solvent–Antisolvent Interaction Methods” ACS Omega 4 (3), 5424-5433, 2019.
- M Chawla, A Kumari, PF Siril*, “Exceptional Catalytic Activities and Sensing Performance of Palladium Decorated Anisotropic Gold Nanoparticles” ChemistrySelect, 3, 31, 9071-9083, 2018.
- Sunil Dutt, Tripti Vats and Prem Felix Siril*, “Application of polyaniline-magnetite nanocomposites as magnetically separable dye adsorbents” New Journal of Chemistry, 42 (8), 5709-5719, 2018.
- Raj Kumar, Ashutosh Singh, Neha Garg and Prem Felix Siril*, “Solid lipid nanoparticles for the controlled delivery of poorly water soluble non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs” Ultrasonics Sonochemistry 40 (686-696) 2018 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultsonch.2017.08.018.
- Raj Kumar and Prem Felix Siril* “Effect of polymeric stabilizers on the particle size and morphology of Fenofibrate nanoparticles” AAPS PharmSciTech, 19 (1), 284-292, 2018.