Professor, IIT Mandi: 2020 – till date
Associate Professor, IIT Mandi: 2015-2020
Assistant Professor, IIT Mandi: 2010-2015
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Prof. Leroy Cronin’s group, University of Glasgow, UK. 2006-2010.
Ph.D.: University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad - 2006
Inorganic Synthesis, Hybrid Materials
1. Polyoxometalates based hybrids for photochromic, photocatalytic and photoresist applications
Polyoxometalates (POMs) are a class of anionic metal oxide clusters of W, V, Mo and Ta with intriguing structural features and redox properties. We aim to design and develop novel POM-organic hybrids using electronically and sterically tunable cationic organic moieties targeting diverse materials and catalytic applications.
2. Coordination compounds for optical and catalytic applications
Coordination compounds of multidentate ligands are developed as catalysts for organic reactions like trans-esterification, bio-diesel synthesis etc. Highly fluorescent coordination compounds are also developed from multidentate ligands for diverse optical applications including latent fingerprint imaging.
3. Small organic molecules as organic semiconductors, solid state near-infrared emitters and cytotoxic agents
New small organic molecules with extended π-conjugation exhibiting aromatic π-π stacking interactions are developed for organic field effect transistor (OFET) applications. Organic molecules with extended conjugation are also developed as NIR fluorescence emitters in solid state and as biologically active agents.
CY644 Bio-inorganic Chemistry
CY508 Organometallic Chemistry
CY506 Chemistry of Transition Elements
CY506P Inorganic Chemistry Lab
CY507 Chemistry of Main Group Elements
CY547 Chemical Crystallography
Chair, School of Chemical Sciences, IIT Mandi: July 2022 – till date
Dean (Academics), IIT Mandi: April 2018 – April 2021.
Member, Board of Governors, IIT Mandi: Dec. 2015 - Aug. 2019
Associate Dean (Courses), IIT Mandi: May 2013 - April 2018
Chair, JEE Cell, IIT Mandi: 2015-2018
Newton Bhabha Fund Researcher Links Workshop Grants - 2015
Royal Society’s Fellowship for Post-doctoral studies - 2006
Pradeep C. Parameswaran
Our research group works on synthetic inorganic chemistry. We synthesize new small orgaic molecules, organic-inorganic hybrids and coordination compounds for materials and catalytic applications. One major area of our focus is Polyoxometalate-based hybrids. Recently, we target the developmet of new tunable hybrids based on non-traditional counter ions and diverse polyoxometalate clusters. These hybrids are explored as photoresists for applications in EUV/E-beam-lithography, photochromic materials, photocatalysts for environment remediation applications and as water-oxidation catalysts (WOCs). Synthesis of new small organic molecules and their coordination compounds for optical and catalytic applications is another ongoing research activity of our group. We target the facile synthesis of simple organic molecules and coordination compounds that emit in NIR region in the solid state. Further, our group also focuses on developing small organic molecules exhibiting biological applications such as cytotoxic properties.
Substituent-Controlled Structural, Supramolecular, and Cytotoxic Properties of a Series of 2-Styryl-8-nitro and 2-Styryl-8-hydroxy Quinolines
S Sehlangia, N Nayak, N Garg, CP Pradeep, ACS Omega, 2022, 7, 28, 24838-24850
A New Class of Water‐Soluble Aryl Sulfonium Decavanadates and Their Antioxidant Activity: Effects of Cluster Reduction and Counter Ion Substitution on Activity
K Routh, S Kaur, CP Pradeep, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2022, e202200265
Mono-and Rare Trinuclear Zn (II) Complexes with Near-Infrared Emissive Ligands: Anion-Responsive Nuclearity Control, Interconversion, Solid-State NIR Emission, and Latent …
R Singh, CP Pradeep, Cryst. Growth. Des., 2022, 22, 5, 2910-2924.
A Facile Synthetic Strategy for Decavanadate and Transition Metal Based All‐Inorganic Coordination Polymers and Insights into Their Electrocatalytic OER Activity
A Kar, L Sharma, A Kumar, A Halder, CP Pradeep, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2022,
Modulation of photocatalytic properties through counter-ion substitution: tuning the bandgaps of aromatic sulfonium octamolybdates for efficient photo-degradation of rhodamine B
M Singh, CP Pradeep, Dalton Trans., 2022, 51, 3122-3136
M Singh, CP Pradeep, Dalton Trans., 2022, 51, 3122-3136
Publications (Last 5-years)
- Multifunctional Aryl Sulfonium Decavanadates: Tuning the Photochromic and Heterogeneous Oxidative Desulfurization Catalytic Properties Using Salicylaldehyde-type Functional Moieties on Counterions, K. Routh and C. P. Pradeep, Inorg. Chem., 2023, Accepted article.
- Highly pKa‑Sensitive Colorimetric and Fluorescence “Turn-on” Chemosensors for Trinitrophenol and Crystallographic Investigation of Their Solid-State NIR-Emissive Host−Guest Adducts, R. Singh and C. P. Pradeep, Cryst. Growth Des., 2023, Accepted Article.
- Mixed Organic Counterion Strategy Modulates the Self-Assembly of Polyoxometalate Hybrids into Toroids and Affects Their Photochromic and Photocatalytic Properties A. Kar, C. P. Pradeep, Inorg. Chem. 2022, 61, 50, 20561–20575
- Keggin Cluster Modulated Photocatalytic Activity of Aryl Sulfonium Polyoxometalate Hybrids toward Dichromate Reduction M. Singh, A. Yadav, and C. P. Pradeep, Langmuir 2022, 38, 51, 16034–16045
- Substituent-Controlled Structural, Supramolecular, and Cytotoxic Properties of a Series of 2-Styryl-8-nitro and 2-Styryl-8-hydroxy Quinolines S Sehlangia, N Nayak, N Garg, CP Pradeep, ACS Omega, 2022, 7, 28, 24838-24850
- A New Class of Water‐Soluble Aryl Sulfonium Decavanadates and Their Antioxidant Activity: Effects of Cluster Reduction and Counter Ion Substitution on Activity K Routh, S Kaur, CP Pradeep, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2022, e202200265
- Extensive Analyses on Expanding the Scope of Acid–Aminopyrimidine Synthons for the Design of Molecular Solids U Garg, Y Azim, M Alam, A Kar, CP Pradeep, Cryst. Growth. Des., 2022, 22, 7, 4316-4331
- Mono-and Rare Trinuclear Zn (II) Complexes with Near-Infrared Emissive Ligands: Anion-Responsive Nuclearity Control, Interconversion, Solid-State NIR Emission, and Latent … R Singh, CP Pradeep, Cryst. Growth. Des., 2022, 22, 5, 2910-2924.
- A Facile Synthetic Strategy for Decavanadate and Transition Metal Based All‐Inorganic Coordination Polymers and Insights into Their Electrocatalytic OER Activity A Kar, L Sharma, A Kumar, A Halder, CP Pradeep, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2022, e202101031
- Modulation of photocatalytic properties through counter-ion substitution: tuning the bandgaps of aromatic sulfonium octamolybdates for efficient photo-degradation of rhodamine B M Singh, CP Pradeep, Dalton Trans., 2022, 51, 3122-3136
- Synthesis of a New Series of Organic Solid-State Near-Infrared-Emitters: Role of Crystal Packing and Weak Intermolecular Interactions and Applications in Latent Fingerprint Detection. R. Singh, A. K. Gupta, C. P. Pradeep, Cryst. Growth. Des., 2021, 21, 1062-1076.
- 2,2’-(Arylenedivynylene)bis-8-hydroxyquinolines exhibiting aromatic π-π stacking interactions as solution processable p-type orgamic semiconductors for high performance organic field effect transistors S. Sehlangia, S. Sharma, S. K. Sharma, C. P. Pradeep, Mater. Adv., 2021, 2, 4643-4651.
- Spectroscopic, structural, DFT and molecular docking studies on novel cocrystal salt hydrate of chromotropic acid and its antibiofilm activity S. S. A. Abidi, U. Garg, Y. Azim, M. Alam, A. K. Gupta, C. P. Pradeep, N. Azum, A. M. Asiri, Arab. J. Sci. Eng., 2021, 46, 353-364
- Dipicolinimidamide functionalized chromogenic chemosensor for recognition of Cu2+ ions and its applications PA Patil, S Sehlangia, CP Pradeep, Sensors International 2021, 2, 100075
- Post-functionalization through Covalent Modification of Organic Counter ions: A Stepwise and Controlled Approach for Novel Hybrid Polyoxometalate Materials A. Kar, C. P. Pradeep, Dalton Trans., 2020, 49, 12174-12179.
- Facile Synthesis of Large Wrinkled Gold Nanoparticles Using Anthracene-Terminated Tripodal Amine Ligand and their Catalytic Efficiency M. Devi, A. Dhir, C. P. Pradeep, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2020, Ahead of print
- Synthesis, Crystal Structure and Substituent Controlled Photoluminescence and Chemosensing Properties of a Series of 2,2'-(Arylenedivinylene)bis-8-hydroxyquinolines S. Sehlangia, M. Devi, N. Nayak, N. Garg, A. Dhir, C. P. Pradeep, Chemistry Select, 2020, 5, 5429-5436.
- Cocrystals/salt of 1-Naphthaleneacetic Acid and Utilizing Hirshfeld Surface Calculations for Acidaminopyrimidine Synthons U. Garg, Y. Azim, A. Kar, C. P. Pradeep, CrystEngComm., 2020, 22, 2978-2989.
- Fluorescent Chemosensor for Al(III) based on Chelation-induced Fluorescence Enhancement and its Application in Live Cells Imaging N. Kshirsagar, R. Sonawane, P. Patil, J. Nandre, P. Sultan, S. Sehlangia, C. P. Pradeep, Y. Wang, L. Chen,; S. K. Sahoo, Inorg. Chim. Acta, 2020, 511, 119805.
- Synthesis and Novel Crystal Structure Analysis of Anthracene-Based Chalcone Derivatives T. Merry, P. Maddela, C. P. Pradeep, R. Singh, S. Basavoju, Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst., 2020, 692, 13-24.
- Et3N-prompted efficient synthesis of anthracenyl pyrazolines and their cytotoxicity evaluation against cancer cell lines, T. Merry, P. Maddela, K. Devanarayana, A. K. Kondapi, C. P. Pradeep, J. Heterocyclic Chem., 2019, 56, 2469-2478.
- A new phthalimide based chemosensor for selective spectrophotometric detection of Cu(II) from aqueous medium P. Patil, S. Sehlangia, A. Patil, C. P. Pradeep, S. K. Sahoo, U. Patil, Spectrochim Acta A, 2019, 220, 117129.
- Crystal structure and Hirshfeld surface analysis of rac-2-[2-(4-chlorophenyl)-3,4-dihydro-2H-1-benzopyran-4-ylidene]hydrazine-1-carbothioamide R. Zatsu, P. Maddela, M. Indira Devi, R. Singh, C. P. Pradeep, Acta Crystallogr E, 2019, 75, 707-710.
- A fused benzothiazolo-pyrimidine-based chemosensor for selective optical detection of Fe3+ and I- ions in aqueous media N. B. Patil, U. D. Patil, P. A. Patil, S. Bothra, S. K. Sahoo, S. Sehlengia, C.P. Pradeep, A. A. Patil, S. R Patil, ChemistrySelect, 2019, 4, 4185-4189
- Forrocene bearing non-ionic poly-aryl tosylates: synthesis, characterization and electron beam lithography applications P. G. Reddy, M. G. Moinuddin, A. M. Joseph, S. Nandi, S. Ghosh, C. P. Pradeep, S. K. Sharma, K. E. Gonsalves, J Photopolym Sci Tec, 2018, 31, 669-678.
- Aromatic sulfonium polyoxomolybdates: tuning the photochromic properties through substitutions on the counter ion moiety A. Kumar, C. P. Pradeep, CrystEngComm, 2018, 20, 2733-2740.
- Cocrystals of indole-3-acetic acid and indole-3-butyric acid: synthesis, structural characterization and Hirshfeld surface analysis, S. S. A. Abidi, Y. Azim, A. K. Gupta, C. P. Pradeep, J. Mol. Struct., 2018, 1166, 202-213.
- Facile synthesis of an organic solid state near-infrared-emitter with large Stokes shift via excited-state intramolecular proton transfer A. K. Gupta, A. Kumar, R. Singh, M. Devi, A. Dhir, C. P. Pradeep, ACS Omega, 2018, 3, 14341-14348.